Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feels like it's been a slow start!

I kind of wish winter would just come and we'd be stuck at home.  Well, no, not really!  But I want to "do school!"  I love HOD!  It just seems like we have gotten off to a slow start.  I guess I'm mostly feeling that way with Bigger Hearts, which I'm using with my 9 yr. old.  Really, though, there is a learning curve for us.  Others on the HOD board have said once you find your groove, things pick up!  We have completed 10 days (2 units) in 3 weeks of attempted school.  We have had a lot of outside things needing our attention, which has kept us from going at the pace I really want to go at.  oh well, it will come!  I am thankful for the 10 days we've completed.  I really don't think we would have completed that much if I hadn't set school hours of 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. when we are home. 

With Little Hearts, we are a bit further along; however, I am finding this program quick and easy to fit into just about any crazy day!  I also have my personal motivator, 5 yo Pickle.  He jumps out of bed every morning at 7 a.m. announcing that it is time to do school.  LOL!  He's terrific!  The 7 and 5 yo especially love the Reddy Fox book, but they also enjoy the history, science activities, and the rhymes.  I love hearing them learn their Bible verse, and they get a kick out of the activities included to help them learn it.  My favorite part of Little Hearts is seeing how it has influenced the relationship between Einstein and Pickle.  They are fighting a lot less.  It is like they have discovered one another, after both always wanting Patriot's attention!  I know for some, keeping all the children together for history and science is the way to go, but in our home we are finding more peace using Heart of Dakota.  I look forward to what God has in store for the rest of our school year. 

(oh, and I see it looks pretty simple to post pictures.  Now, I just need to take some! ha!)

No comments: